Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Natural Hair

I was inspired today to write about natural hair care while entering a contest. This blog post is actually an entry, but I figured I'd add a little about my natural hair journey anyway. I officially reached a milestone on Sunday, June 20, 2010. I am officially one month natural. I transitioned from relaxed to natural for 6 months and did my big chop on May 20, 2010, my 35th birthday. Deciding to embrace the natural me was something that I have wanted to do for a while, but just didn't quite have the nerve. Many thanks go to my sister and youtube videos, they are what made me finally realize that I just had to do it. Dragging my feet and stalling are a part of my past. My future is filled with embracing, loving, and just doing.

I moisturize my hair daily with shea butter, coconut oil, and olive oil. This combination has been working for me so far, but I have noticed in the last week that it has been leaving my hair very greasy feeling. This revelation has led me to co-washing a lot more, which is not a good thing for my hair. My hair responds best when left alone for a few days. I am actually thinking about doing a protective style, maybe some kinky twists or braids. I absolutely love my natural hair!!!!

Please check out this contest!!! 4th Of July Giveaway With GBH

No comments: