Thursday, August 30, 2012

My Angel

Angel Shanice Ruth-Lin Watson(sunrise12/02/92~sunset 04/13/93)---It is as though you were but a dream. Your presence in my womb, though brief, left an indelible mark upon my soul. The grip of your tiny hand on my finger still lingers. It's been almost 20 years but I still feel your presence as much as I did on the day you were born. Was it a premonition or precognition that we named you "Angel" and then so soon after you left your earthly body? It is my belief that you were just not meant for this world. I appreciate you daughter of mine. For the brief moments that I was given privilege to know you, I am eternally grateful. Thank you, my Angel, for choosing me to be your mom. Forever in my heart and never far from my mind, rest in peace my dear, sweet Angel. I was blessed to have you for 131 days. No one could ever know the mixture of heartache and joy I experienced while spending those days visiting you in the NICU while you were getting stronger and growing bigger. It is nearly impossible to express the sheer elation I felt when they told me that you could come home on that beautiful Monday, March 1, 1993. How can I possibly put into words my feelings when I wrapped you up and placed you into your car seat for the very first time on March 3, 1993. When I became your mother, I was but a girl. When I had to let you go, I became a woman. A woman, though filled with grief, learned a lesson that day. We are never promised tomorrow, we are only blessed with the experience of the past ,the opportunities of the present, and the possibilities in the future.

Photobucket

No comments: