Monday, June 27, 2011

New Job, New Experiences

If someone had told me two years ago that I would be working in retail in 2011, I would've called them a total liar. Now I would have totally had to eat my words. I decided to accept a position at a local outlet store. ( Sorry for the hush-hush; haven't really read up on the etiquette for this job as far as disclosing info online. Hope to be able to share all I can because I LOVE this store and the deals are fantastic!!)Anywho, the job that I took is entry level, low paying, and I love it. I am only part-time but I still enjoy it. It is very different from anything that I've ever done. It's funny to think that I went from being a phlebotomist (diagnostic technician) to being a "store associate". I laugh out loud sometimes when I think about the choices I've made in life. They may not make sense to many, but they make sense to me and that's what counts. Healthcare will always be a part of me, but it just feels good to wear a different hat career-wise. One day I will have that professional career that I've always wanted, but for now, this is okay. It's been a long time since I've been able to say that I actually like my job. Who woulda thought it would be at a store??? Now to figure out how to work and not shop!! I hope I still have a paycheck at the end of the pay period. I already knew that shopping was my weakness and now I work at a store....Ummm...I think I just may have to call shoppers anonymous!!! Thanks for reading...stay tuned for more of me and this thing I call life!!! Peace and blessings!!!

Photobucket

No comments: