Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Married Home

Posted by Heriberto Fuentes


We got married a few months ago and we’ve found that owning a home has been a lot more costly than we ever imagined. I knew there was something to be said for renting for a while longer but we really wanted something to call our own right after we got married. We’ve been working on saving money where we can but definitely owning is harder than we ever would have thought. I looked into Energy Savings Tips online and we’ve been composting to try and grow our own veggies in the back. I like having fresh food that I grow myself so even if I’m not saving money I think it’s nice when I’m able to cut $20 here and there. You know, I love being married and having to figure out how to navigate our money issues together as a couple. I know it’s going to be one of many conversations we’re going to have about money throughout the years so it’s good to learn how to communicate about things like this.

No comments: