Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Brothers Johnson - Strawberry letter 23



The original written by Shuggie Otis for his 1972 album Freedom Flight, sung by The Brothers Johnson. I am quite partial to this version of the song, simply because it is what I know. Although I am a huge fan Quincy Jones, my feelings for Akon are ambiguous at best. His singing style reminds me of someone else, leaving me with the thought that he is unoriginal. I would not go as far as saying he is without talent. He has a niche in the market just as many others do. His creativity does shine at times, which in turn has made him hugely popular. My son is one of his biggest fans. In comparing the two songs, I feel that this was an interesting remake of an already great song. I won't hate it and I don't love it. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give a 6. Big ups to Akon and QUincy Jones for their collaboration. I might not be the biggest fan of the song, but I love to see my brothers keeping the bond--♫♪♥

No comments: