Thursday, December 9, 2010

Zhu Zhu Pets....I'm glad I asked!!


Okay, so the story goes, CVS has a fabulous deal on Zhu Zhu Pets-Get four for the price of one, fantastic, right!!?? Then I go to my local Hallmark store to use this great $10 off $10 coupon and find the Zhu Zhu Pets Gigantic Funhouse on sale for $9.99 (regularly $19.99)-Add a $0.99 roll of tape and voila!! For only $10.93, I got four Zhu Zhu Pets, A Funhouse, and a roll of tape. I thought I had done something big and couldn't wait to give this to my son for Christmas. I did all of the research and read countless blogs about them and figured this would be right up his alley, a pet that's not "really" pet. Boy was I wrong!! I asked him on a whim, just to find out if this is something he'd be into.

Me: So, Bubba, what do you think of Zhu Zhu Pets? Do you think this is something you'd like to have?

Bubba: Uhhhh...not so much.

Me: Who do you think would like them? Maybe your cousins?

Bubba: I was thinking, maybe Gabby.

Me: Oh....


Okay, so the conversation was sort of over after that. Imagine my flabbergastration!! Here I am buying what I thought was a great gift for an 11 year old and he suggests it for his 2 year old little cousin. Can we say deflated ego!! I use to think that I was so in tune with the things my kids would like. Now, not so much. Ah well, back to the drawing board!! Guess I need to pay closer attention and I am now equipped with the knowledge that my baby is not a baby anymore....NOOOOOO!!!

Photobucket

No comments: