Thursday, September 22, 2011

Indoor Gardening????

Soooo...Summer is officially gone and I am so going to miss all of the summer fruits and veggies, especially tomatoes. I think that I could live off of tomatoes alone. My relationship with the tomato really is that serious. With that in mind, I decided to research how to grow my own tomatoes indoors. I currently live in an apartment in the city which for gardening is a less than ideal place for growing anything. No to mention that I am the world's worst gardener. I've even killed a cactus before. I honestly didn't think it was possible but I did it, I've achieved the impossible. My son bought home a lovely little plant from school, a tomato plant, and I really thought that we might be able to get it growing and maybe, just maybe, even get some tomatoes from it. NOT! In less than a week, this plant went from a flourishing plant that had reached three feet high to a sad, brown, wilted excuse of a thing. I felt so bad and I truly don't even know what I did wrong. To right this heinous wrong I have decided to attempt this winter tomato growing with the eagerness of a toddler with a new toy. I hope to keep you posted on my progress or lack there of. You see, I am cautiously optimistic that I can do this. Fingers and toes crossed. Now off to buy some tomato seeds. C-ya lata-->Peace.

Photobucket

No comments: