Tuesday, August 31, 2010

First Day Of School Number 18!!

Wow! It's kind of hard to believe that I can actually say that this is my 18th time doing the “first-day-of-school-have-a-great-first-day-see-ya-when-ya-get-home” spiel. It began with that cool, September day back '93 when my daughter started preschool; She just started her first semester of college on August 2nd. Boy does time fly!!!

Photobucket

Today I woke to say good morning to my youngest son who is in the 6th grade this year. We rose at 6:00 am. (15 minutes late because the alarm didn't cooperate today) to prepare for the “lengthy” 3-hour school day ahead. He has to rise so early because he takes a bus to school for the first time ever. As we prepared, we talked about what to expect on the first day and how much he's going to like his new school. He's attending the Gateway School for Agriculture, Science, and Ecology, one of the four “Gateway Magnet Schools” in our district that are for 6th grade students only. (The others are Performing Arts, International Business and World Language, and Communications and Technology) He is beyond excited for this school year because he absolutely fascinated by science. I look forward to his continued enthusiasm!!!
Photobucket

After baby-boy got off to school, it was time for the oldest boy to prepare for his first day of high school, 9th grade. He woke up with his chest pounding with a mixture of both anxiety and excitement. I was a bit emotional watching him as he prepared, remembering what it was like for me starting the 9th grade. He joined his school's JROTC program and I am just beside myself with anticipation. I think that he is made for this program. Structure has always suited him better that chaotic schedules. I am so anxious to see how he handles it all. (didn't get to get a picture of him today before he left-Pic below is from the last day of school in June)
Photobucket

I am so proud of my children!! My daughter is doing well in college so far and I have nothing but high hopes for my boys. I think that they are all geniuses, but I could be a bit partial. What do you think?? LOL

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just think its fascinating that they are all embarking a new journey with going to a new school. My two of aunts work at the school Tyree is going to. One is a secretary and the other is a janitor. :) Wish them all a great school year! :)