Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Rite Aid-CVS Excursion 8/30/2010

I'm pretty new to the "couponing game", but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. Rite Aid and CVS may just be able to rescue my squeezed-pinched-choked-into-submission budget yet. Today I ventured into the trenches of my local drugstores, armed with savings cards, coupons, an extremely limited amount of cash, and a prayer: "Lord, please grant me the ability to leave these stores without breaking my bank!!" Being the queen of procrastination, I also had a few last minute items to pick up for the first day of school (TODAY!!). So, CVS, was my first stop. There weren't any items that I actually needed on sale, so I decided to purchase a set of headphones that are on sale:

My only CVS Transaction:
Bought (1) Philips Color Earbuds @$6.99 each (Get $6.99 ECB's)
Used $4.00 ECB's (from last week)

Total after ECB's + tax= $3.17
Got $6.99 ECB's so they were better than free!! How awesome is that!! I ♥ CVS!!! Now I have $6.99 for next week!! I tackled that $5.00 CVS challenge this week like a beast!! RAWRRRR!!

After CVS, I decided to head to my next drugstore fantasy land, Rite Aid. I had a list for a bunch items from there this week because their sales matched my coupons better. I had to make two stops at two different Rite Aid stores because one item was being limited to one per person at my first stop.

Transaction #1
(2) Pepsi Max 20 oz bottles@ $0.99 each
Used B1G1 coupon from Video Values
Used B1G1 mfr. coupon
Subtotal=FREE

(1) Gain dish detergent @ $0.89
Used $1/1 coupon (P&G 8/29/10)
Subtotal=FREE+$0.11

(1) Tide W/ Downy @ $5.99
Used $2/1 Coupon (don't remember where I got it, mail maybe?)
Subtotal=$3.99 + a $1.00 Rite Aid +UP Reward

Total after coupons+tax= $4.12
Got a $1.00 +Up Reward

Second Rite Aid Store :)
Transaction #2
(2) Gain dish detergent @ $0.89each
Used (2) $1/1 coupons (P&G 8/29/10)
Subtotal=FREE+$0.22

(1) 1/2 Gallon Fruit Punch (a sister was thirsty) @ 1.59
Used $1 +UP
Subtotal=$0.59

Total after coupons+tax=$0.40

Total Value of Products= $12.23
Total OOP expense= $4.52
Total savings after both trips=$7.71

I love saving money!!!!!

After those trips I had to make quick stop at our local Family Dollar Store to pick up some garbage bags when I found some great deals. My youngest son wears uniforms to school, not your standard-issue-private-school-uniform, but just khakis and polos. I found polo shirts in my son's size for only $3!!! I bought the three that they had in his size and they had some really cool t-shirts for $1!! I got 2 tees and 3 polos for 10 bucks!! I felt like the savings queen today!!! I felt like I was on a winning streak so I decided to head to my local JC Penney Outlet Store. There I bought a pair of jeans, a shirt and a pack of boxers for my oldest son and only spent $12!! I was on a roll today!! I just love back-to-school sales and clearance specials!! Well...that's enough for tonight (or should I say this morning). Today is the first day of school for my boys and my youngest is riding a bus for the first time this year. He's 11 but he's still my baby!!! (I can hear you all saying AWWWWWW...LOL)☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺


Photobucket

No comments: