Saturday, August 28, 2010

Thirty Questions-Thirty Days--Day 1


Day 01- A recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself
I'm a bit of a "camera ham"...There are probably hundreds of pictures of me floating around out in the universe where I just happened to jump in someone's picture. That being said, when it comes to just taking a picture of myself, I hardly ever get it "just right" and I have all but given up on portraits. I'm either giggling and you can't see my eyes (I love to laugh!!!) or I looked completely deranged because I haven't mastered the keep-your-eyes-open-when-the-camera-flashes thing yet(and probably never will!! lol).


PhotobucketYEP...THAT'S ME...CHEESIN' IT UP!!



15 "Interesting" Facts About Me


(you'll have to be the judge on how interesting I really am LOL)



1.) I seem to be a perpetual student. I have been through a number of training programs and I am currently working on a degree in nursing (though I have taken the semester off). It's not entirely by choice, I just can't make up my mind as to what I really want to do. Nursing is the one thing that I feel I'm supposed to do. I am meant to be a Nurse, I feel it in my soul.(I know that was all deep and philosophical but I am serious)

2.) I became a Mom for the first time at age 16. It was extremely difficult, but even though I wish I had begun parenting later in life, I would not trade my children for the world.

3.)I have a ridiculous shoe fetish!! I love shoes, especially sexy high heels. I only own a few pairs, but if I could I'd have a room dedicated to shoes and only shoes!!

4.) I have moved more times than I'd like to mention in three different states. I think I may be part Gypsy living a bit of a nomadic life, with my roots trailing behind. They seem to be getting a bit grounded where I am now, but I don't want them to.

5.) I absolutely LOVE Blair Underwood. He's my husband in my head!! (Sorry honey lubb you!!)

6.) I didn't get my drivers license until I was 29 years old, but I learned to drive when I was 12.

7.) The sight of raw meat makes my skin crawl, but I have I weird obsession with watching surgeries and autopsies. I know it's strange, I just can't help it. If I could I would become a surgeon or a coroner, but neither finances nor time would allow me to spend that kind of time in medical school. I've put it on my "bucket list". I just may become the world's oldest medical student someday :)

8.) My all time favorite movie is......Mary Poppins. I've probably watched it more than 100 times and I STILL love it!!

9.) I hate to write speeches, but I love public speaking. There's something about standing in front of a crowd that gives me a rush.

10.) I love to read just about anything, but my absolute favorite books are historical romance novels. One of my favorite authors of this genre is Bertrice Small.

11.) Dancing is a passion of mine that I don't get to do as often as I'd like. On the days that I have the house all to myself, which isn't very often, I dance till I can't breathe!!

12.)Karaoke is another of my pleasures. In my head I sound like Patti Labelle, but out loud, it's just plain rude and wrong and I absolutely love it!! I have sooo much fun!!

13.) Most people that know me seem to think I'm hilarious, but I truly don't think I'm that funny.

14.) I write random, ridiculous poetry that makes no sense to anyone but me.

15.) I dream in color and remember almost all of them. (Running out of "interesting facts" LOL

It is my sincere hope that I sound interesting. I feel interesting and I am very interested to know if you feel the same way :)



Photobucket

No comments: