Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Thirty Questions--Thirty Day 04- A habit that wish you didn't have

Day 04- A habit that you wish you didn’t have

It's probably not a shock that I wish the answer to this particular question was absolutely none. I could wish all day long, but the fact remains, I'm a smoker. I have been working on quitting for the last three months to no avail. I have cut back though and I am pretty proud of that. It seems that smoking has this crazy hold on me-it's kind of hard to explain. I can go hours without one and when the craving kicks in, I can smoke about 3 or 4 in an hour. I just got a free sample of “Quit-Smoking” Gum and I'm going to try it. I did patches before, but I'm allergic to them. My last employer was offering a “Quit-Smoking”pill, free of charge, but drugs like that scare the heck out me. Anything that has to deal with inhibiting my brain, I just say no!! The very thought of it makes me cringe; It could very well help me quit smoking, but I could end up with a mangled brain-thanks, but no thanks!! Hopefully, with a little will power, I will be done with cigarettes for good by the end of this year. I set my goal that far away because I do well with 3-4 month goals typically and I also thought it would give me enough time to sort of wean myself off of the cigarettes. If I quit sooner, fabulous!!!!!! YES I CAN!!!




**These are opinions, just opinions, 100% my own. This post was in no way directed to promote, nor bad mouth either of the aforementioned products.**
Photobucket

1 comment:

Jessica B. said...

Good luck! I too am trying to qiut smoking. I failed a couple times last week but as of today I'm done 'trying'. I am DOING it!! I got a homeopathic spray called Smoke Control (eases cravings and withdrawl symptoms) at the health store, as well as some Hyland's Calm Forte tablets to help with the stress. I haven't taken either yet today but will as soon as I feel the need to. I'll let you know how it goes!

p.s. I'm following you back from Mom of all Trades.