Saturday, August 28, 2010

My First Experience With The $5 CVS Challenge

Sooooo....I've been following a few blogs that are expressly concerned with the "CVS $5 Challenge" and decided it was time to see if I could make this challenge work for me. I ventured out armed with my trusty CVS card, a fistful of coupons, and a dream. A dream that I would come out of this challenge the victor, having saved ridiculous amounts of cash and an arsenal of goods. I arrived at my local CVS with shopping list in hand and just went for it. Sadly, the first product on my list was not in stock, and no rainchecks. ***EXPLETIVE***Plan B---I went for the rest of the items on my list and prayed. My transactions are as follows:

Transaction#1
Bought (2) Glade Sense & Spray @ $5.00 each
Used (2) $3.00/1 Coupons (SS 8/22)

Total after coupons+tax= $4.24

ECB's earned=$3.00

Transaction#2
Bought (1) Tampax Pearl 36ct @ $7.99
Used (1) $2.00/1 Coupon (From Tampax Pearl Sample Pack)
Used $3.00 ECB from previous transaction

Total After Coupon & ECB’s= $2.99

ECB's earned= $2.00

Transaction#3
Bought (2) Listerine Zero @ $3.99 each
Used (2) $2.00/1 Coupons (Printable)
Received a random ExtraCare Reward @ $2.00
Used $2.00 ECB from previous transaction

Total After Coupon & ECB’s= $2.10

ECB's earned=$4.00


Grand Total OOP= $9.33

Total Value= $25.97 with $4.00 ECBs remaining.

As you can see, I totally failed at the $5 Challenge, but I am ready for next week. I will have my victory!! I will tackle this challenge head on with nothing but my CVS card, my coupons, my ECB's, and my dream!!!

Photobucket

No comments: