Saturday, September 11, 2010

Thirty Questions--Thirty Days: Day 10--Songs You listen To When Your Happy, Sad, Bored, Hyped, Mad


As I pondered this question, I found it a bit hard to decide exactly what I listen to when I feel a certain emotion. Music soothes me on a level so deep that there aren't words to describe it. I feel music in my soul, in every fiber of my being. If I had a great singing voice, I would probably sing from the highest mountains and peaks. Sadly I do not possess such a voice, so I bombard my local Karaoke establishments with my subpar, less than stellar, but quite enthusiastic voice every chance I get!!! I decided to share some of my favorites that would be in rotation, if these particular emotions were to arise. I am a hip-hop and R&B lover for sure, but my love of music spans all genres. Enjoy!!


HAPPY

Jill Scott--A Long Walk
This song makes me feel so happy inside. Jill's voice has a way of making everything brighter!! She is a "songstress extraordinaire"!!



Erykah Badu--Bag Lady

This song makes me want to smile and sing. Erykah is one of the most creative individuals and I am proud to have her in my playlist!!



SAD

John Legend--Ordinary People


This song is one of the many that I love by John Legend. When I am sad, his lyricism and vocal styling moves me to my happy place.




BORED

Corinne Bailey Rae--Like A Star


This song invokes creativity in me. When I am bored, I play this song and I'm not sure why, but the creativity just flows!!




HYPED

Nas & Damian Marley--As We Enter


This song is nothing short of AMAZING!! It makes me want to dance, party, shout, jump, and everything else that requires ridiculous amounts of energy!! Fabulous collaboration!!




MAD

Alanis Morisette--You Oughta Know


This songs helps me bring those raw, dirty emotions to the surface.



Luther Vandross & Cheryl Lynn--If This World Were Mine

This song, in contrast to the one above, helps to keep me calm. It makes me remember happier times and dream of better ones. I HEART this song!!





Photobucket

No comments: